How to import CSV files into MetaTrader4 and perform strategy backtests.
Scalping Strategy Course (DVD + Online) - $299.00
In the much anticipated Forex Scalping Strategy Course, Vic and Sarid show you short-term focused techniques and strategies to make quicker profits while reducing market exposure.
Forexmentor Coach's Corner First Month (Online) - $149.00
The Coach's Corner offers 2 live sessions per week, an integrated approach to trading, FREE access to the VicTrade video course and Darko's Pattern Trading Video Lessons.
In this video I show you how to delete previous MetaTrader 4 currency pair data and upload your own data to perform consistent back tests.
1. Open MT4 and close all charts
2. Close MT4
3. Go into the installation folder and delete all folders in the history folder
4. Delete all files in the tester history folder
5. Re-open MT4. Allow it to connect so you have the currency pairs listed in the “Open new chart” window. DO NOT OPEN A CHART
6. Disconnect from the internet
7. Press F2 to open history centre.
8. Find the currency pair, double click on m1 and import the CSV file containing the m1 data
9. Open the chart in m1 view
10. Run the script “Period converter” using the figure “60” to convert to hour candles.
11. You may need to close MT4 and re-open it again to see the H1 data. Otherwise click H1 and stop the script
12. Run your strategy as normal.
You will now be back testing on consistent data.
Data downloaded from: http://www.histdata.com/
Files combined with help from the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fScRDdmc0