Forexlive Americas FX news wrap: August is in the books – ForexLive
Forex news for North American trading on August 31, 2021.
August is in the books.
In the forex, the USD was mostly higher (the exception was against the NZD). The NZD was the strongest The CHF, GBP and CAD were the weakest.
The major US indices traded higher with the Nasdaq leading the way with a near 4% gains for the month. The S&P index rose for the seventh consecutive month:
- Dow, rose 1.23%
- S&P, rose 2.92%
- Nasdaq rose 3.98%
In the European equity markets this month:
- German Dax, +1.87%
- France’s CAC+1.02%
- UK’s FTSE +1.24%
- Spain’s Ibex +1.97%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB+2.55%
In the US debt market, yields are higher for the month of August:
- 2 year moved from 0.174% to 0.2093%
- 5 year one from 0.655% to 0.778%
- 10 year one from 1.178% to 1.312%
- 30 year went from 1.849% to 1.929%
In major commodities for the month of August:
- Gold is unchanged
- Silver fell -6.29%
- Copper fell -2.5%
- WTI crude oil fell -7.22%
In the markets today, the the US consumer confidence came in at its lowest level since February at 113.8 versus 124.0 expected. Although lower it still remains relatively elevated, but it joins other sentiment indicators like the Michigan Consumer Sentiment indicator in signaling a weakening of the trend.
- EURUSD; The EURUSD is closing above the 1.1800 to 1.18004 swing area at 1.1808, but is below the 61.8% at 1.18146. The high price reached in the early NY session squeezed up to 1.1839. That was the highest level going back to August 5. However, dollar buying into the London close sent the pair quickly to the downside and back below before bouncing the 1.1800 level to 1.1796 before bouncing. The 1.1800 will be the early barometer for the buyers and sellers. Stay above is more bullish. Move below and the sellers could be seen pushing for a test of the 100 hour MA at 1.1875 (also the 50% midpoint)
- GBPUSD: The GBPUSD is closing near the rising 100 hour MA at 1.3747. The 100 hour MA is also where the 38.2% of the move down from the July 30 high is found. That level will be the bullish/ bearish barometer into the new trading day. Move below and traders will make a run toward the 200 hour MA at 1.37133. Move below it and the sellers take more and more control. On the topside, the 200 day MA at 1.38043 is a key target. The 1.3790 to 1.38043 is the key resistance area.
- USDCHF. The USDCHF is closing right around the converged 100/200 hour MAS at 0.9158. Those MAs will be the bullish bearish bias barometers in the new trading day.
Scalping Strategy Course (DVD + Online) - $299.00
In the much anticipated Forex Scalping Strategy Course, Vic and Sarid show you short-term focused techniques and strategies to make quicker profits while reducing market exposure.
Forexmentor Coach's Corner First Month (Online) - $149.00
The Coach's Corner offers 2 live sessions per week, an integrated approach to trading, FREE access to the VicTrade video course and Darko's Pattern Trading Video Lessons.