Forex Today: Another Black Monday – FXStreet
Here is what you need to know on Tuesday, March 17th:
- It was another Black Monday for Wall Street, with the DJIA down roughly 13%. The Nasdaq shed 12.32% and the S&P 11.98%. The slump came despite the US Federal Reserve announced late Sunday a 100 bps rate cut to 0.0% and massive stimulus of up to $700B. Other central banks also announced monetary easing but could not convince investors.
- US Treasury yields trimmed most of their Friday’s gains amid dominant risk-off. The yield on the benchmark 10-year note settled at 0.73%.
- The EUR/USD pair closed around 1.1170, retaining part of its gains despite risk-aversion. The dollar suffered from an awful NY Empire State Manufacturing Index.
- The GBP/USD pair flirted with 1.2200 and settled not far above it, as the UK is in no rush to combat coronavirus.
- Commodity-linked currencies plummeted, as crude oil prices resumed their declines while spot gold pierced temporary the 1,500 threshold.
- The coronavirus outbreak remains out of control in Europe. Worldwide, countries announced lockdown and quarantine measures to try slowing the spread and prevent health-care systems from collapsing. Economic downturn already here.
- Cryptocurrencies edged lower.
Scalping Strategy Course (DVD + Online) - $299.00
In the much anticipated Forex Scalping Strategy Course, Vic and Sarid show you short-term focused techniques and strategies to make quicker profits while reducing market exposure.
Forexmentor Coach's Corner First Month (Online) - $149.00
The Coach's Corner offers 2 live sessions per week, an integrated approach to trading, FREE access to the VicTrade video course and Darko's Pattern Trading Video Lessons.